Articles by Pala Copeland & Al Link
Read some of the comments from other readers about our articles.
We also welcome your feedback. Click here to tell us what you think.
- Sex, Commitment and Happiness
By Al Link and Pala Copeland, Published in two parts: Part I, Tone Magazine April 2003 and Part II, Tone Magazine May 2003 “People who regularly experience pleasure tend to be happy and are almost certainly a lot nicer to be around. Sex is one of the healthiest and most beautiful ways to experience pleasure. A committed long-term relationship legitimizes sex and offers the needed safety and security to help you open to the many delights of sexual pleasure. Sacred sexuality practices such as Tantric and Taoist sex offer the further possibility of elevating your relationship to become a spiritual practice, thus re-uniting heaven and earth (sex and spirit). In this way it is possible to set your soul free by celebrating your body rather than denying it. ..”
- Voluntary Ejaculation
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Spring 2002 “A few fortunate, and likely quite popular, men have learned to make ejaculation voluntary, meaning they can last a long time and come when they want to. Most however, ejaculate involuntarily and prematurely, that is before they or their partner are ready for it.”
- Tantra Sacred Loving Step by Step
by Al Link and Pala Copeland “Intention…Regular lovemaking has a goal – orgasm. If you both come at the same time you’ve done it really, really well. If neither of you come at all you may as well have spent your time elsewhere. With Tantric loving, there is no goal. There is a purpose however, and that purpose is union.”
- Sex in History
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Summer 2001
“Whether it be through church or state, educational institutions or popular media of the time, there have been rules and regulations, views and taboos about what we should do sexually, how we should do it, who we should do it with and even how we should think about doing it.”
- Sexual Magnetism: Pheromones – The Scent of Sex
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Winter 2001 “All this time you thought it was sculpted muscles, dazzling smiles and fast cars that were surefire babe magnets. Well have we got news for you. What really drives women wild are naturally occurring body chemicals called pheromones.”
- Sex Stats
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Fall 2000
“The next time you’re at a party and there’s a lull in the conversation rather than trying to fill the gap with your knowledge of sports statistics, sitcom trivia or movie tidbits wow your listeners with this amazing array of info on everyone’s favourite subject: SEX!”
- The Health Benefits of Sex
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Summer 2000 “Lose weight. Reduce stress. Lower your cholesterol level. Improve your circulation. Live longer. Stay younger. Sounds like an ad for a new wonder drug right? In fact it’s a partial list of the benefits of humanity’s oldest and most pleasurable pastime – sex. “
- Freeing the Female Orgasm
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Winter 2000 “Women’s capacity for orgasm is awesome. They can come over and over again, and still be ready for more! This capacity seems almost limitless. They can experience clitoral orgasms, g-spot orgasms, vaginal orgasms, ejaculatory orgasms, blended orgasms, and not only one but multiples of any of these!
- Give Her Sex She’ll Never Forget: How to Make First Sex Fabulous Sex
by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Urban Male Magazine (UMM), Fall 1999“The heat is on. You can literally feeling it arcing between you. Whether it’s an enticing stranger you’ve just met or a special someone you’ve been slowly getting to know, you’re aware that now is the time to take your connection to the physical level. You can sense that she’s about ready to hop into bed and you damn well know that you are. So how do you make this first time with someone new a glorious moment you’ll both fondly remember rather than a nightmare you’d just as soon forget?
- Tantra, Monogamy and Safe Sex
by Al Link, Tone Magazine, November 1999 “The concern about safe sex has resulted in a revival of monogamy. But there is no turning back the clock. Sex is out of the closet since the free love days of the sixties. The problem with monogamy has always been boredom. The initial passion drops off pretty rapidly in a typical relationship, but not the lust of sexual desire. Eventually, the right (or wrong) set of circumstances come together and you have infidelity. It’s not that people are bad, they are just human.
- SYBIAN: The Ultimate High-Tech, High-Touch Sexual Orgasm Aid
By Al Link and Pala Copeland “Sybian, one of the most famous of all sexual aids for women, is without doubt the most sophisticated, presenting theultimate blend of high-tech with high-touch. It’s definitely not your everyday vibrator. It is named after the luxurious, affluent, and culturally sophisticated Italian city, Sybaris. . .”
- Sexual Harassment Policy Guidelines
by Al Link, presented by 4 Freedoms, August 1999 4 Freedoms presents a draft sexual harassment guideline for business and other organizations. Modify and use as desired.
- Hot Summer Sex: Touch, Touch and More Touch
by Pala Copeland & Al Link, from Urban Male Magazine, Summer 1999 “It’s summer, glorious
summer and the heat in the air cranks up the heat in your groin. It seems that everywhere you look there’s bared flesh – luscious flesh, firm flesh, tanned flesh. Flesh peeks out tantalizingly from the bottoms of buttock hugging short-shorts and spills provocatively over the top of breast caressing halter dresses. It calls to you from between tiny scraps of bikini ‘Touch me, kiss me, lick me, squeeze me.’”
- The Married Lovers’ Hot Bed
by Pala Copeland & Al Link, from Urban Male Magazine, spring ’99“What happens once you’re in bed depends a lot on what occurred on your way to it. Erotic love and sexual passion are not things that simply happen to people; you can learn to create them over your lifetime with the same lover. With that in mind here are three keys you can use to keep your married-lover’s bed very hot: time, attention, adventure.”
- How to Give Her More Than She Can Handle: Simple Techniques for Mastering Ejaculation
by Pala Copeland & Al Link, from Urban Male Magazine, winter ’99 “…most men’s experience with sex starts out as rather furtive masturbation, a quick release in the bathroom or under the bedcovers before someone can see what’s going on. Then onto early sexual experiences with a girlfriend in back seats of cars or in a basement rec room, again in a hurry, before she changes her mind or her parents come along to change it for her.Now when you have the time and space for long lovemaking good old John Thomas is still back in the “I’ve gotta come now” days…”
- Sacred Sex A Path of Union, Celebration & Wholeness
by Pala Copeland, from Tone Magazine, summer ’98 “The concept of sacred sex, finding spiritual union through a sexual one, is slowly gaining ground in North America. Our psyches are certainly ripe for it. As a society we’re obsessed with sex.”
- Transcript of Interview with Al and Pala by Rick Vassallo of Watching the Detectives.
Al and Pala say, “If you like our articles, you’ll love our ebooks — similar topics and so much more information, often presented with full-color illustrations!” Be sure to see our special offers on eBook packages. Save 25% – 45%!
Articles by Other Authors
- Human Anatomy Online – Interactive
- Normal Breasts Photo Gallery – A large proportion of American women are not happy with their breasts – most of them only because the warped media images make them feel they “should” have big and perky breasts with an adolescent-type small nipple and areola. To reassure you that there is no reason to worry, these breast pictures are here to let you see normal breasts – big, small, sagging, asymmetrical; big areolas or nipples. Truly, female breasts come in all kinds of sizes and shapes.
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Breasts
- All about the penis – This site is about men, manhood, masculinity and the penis. (And also all the other bits that make up a man’s sexual system.)
- Penis Owner’s ManualThis site offers a penis “owners manual” with serious information presented in a very funny way; chuckle chuckle.
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Penis
- All about my vagina
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Vagina
- Female Sexual Anatomy – Vagina– from ALT SEX FAQs
- The Cannabis Papers The Sacramental Use Of Cannabis Sativa, by Roderick W. Marling”The challenge that we are confronted with today is not how to eliminate such influences from our current culture as the knee-jerk response of the political machinery would have us believe, but more rationally, how do we integrate these extremely powerful elements back into our culture, so that they may have a positive and life-transforming influence. Isn’t it strange that all we hear about is drug abuse, but nothing about drug use? It’s as if appropriate and responsible behavior in regard to these substances, isn’t even allowed into our collective consciousness or public dialogue. And so what we refuse to address as a society doesn’t somehow magically disappear, but is driven underground where it becomes distorted, dysfunctional and pathological.”
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Aphrodisiacs
- 4 Freedoms Sacred Sexuality Guide to Aphrodisiacs
- US Government FDA on Aphrodisiacs – “Looking for a Libido Lift? The Facts About Aphrodisiacs”As you might expect the FDA does not believe there are any!“According to the Food and Drug Administration, the reputed sexual effects of so-called aphrodisiacs are based in folklore, not fact. In 1989, the agency declared that there is no scientific proof that any over-the-counter aphrodisiacs work to treat sexual dysfunction.” This article was originally published in the January-February 1996 issue of FDA Consumer. Author Tamar Nordenberg is a lawyer with the Office of the Director in FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- Sexuality.org – “Cunnilingus: A How To”
- Sexuality.org – “The Art of Oral Sex”
- Sexual Health Info Center – Cunnilingus
- SexInfo101.com– Cunnilingus Techniques
- SexInfo101.com – Cunnilingus II Advanced
- Sexual Health Info Center – Fellatio
- Sexuality.org – “Performing Fellatio” – A 14 lesson tutorial
- SexInfo101.com – Fellatio Techniques
- SexInfo101.com – Fellatio II Advanced
- SexInfo101.com – Fellatio Positions
- Male Control of Ejaculation by catherine yronwode Very highly recommended.”I told him that the most often asked question — and the one for which i have the scantiest answer, is the one that men ask: ‘How can i learn to control my orgasm response?’ ‘Hmmm,’ he said. I took this as an opportunity to ask him. ‘So…how did you learn to do it?’”
- Karezza Techniques by catherine yronwode”The physical techniques of karezza, as propounded by Alice Bunker Stockham and others in her circle, are designed to teach control of the orgasm response in both men and women, for the purposes of physical pleasure, partnership bonding, better health, and spiritual benefit.”
- Universal Tao Center – Instructions for sublimation of sexual energy for spiritual awakening using Chinese Taoist alchemical practices.
- WebMD.com – Directory of Resources for Premature Ejaculation
- HPS Online – Taoist Practices of Ejaculation Mastery“…diet, exercise and sexual discipline form the three pillars of Taoist health and longevity regimens.”
- Ayurveda and Ejaculation Mastery“Unfortunately, much effort by well-intended sex therapists has been wasted, for many of my colleagues have not understood the dynamics of the natural ejaculatory response nor the important learning components of gaining better management of the process. In part, the difficulty has been with them viewing rapid ejaculation (a term I prefer over premature ejaculation) as a pathological condition rather than a natural one. Rapid ejaculation has been grouped with the sexual dysfunctions, even though it is quite common and the majority of young excited males will ejaculate rapidly at least in the early encounters with a responsive and novel partner. Calling it a dysfunction is essentially turning a natural process into an illness.”
- Advice on Flirting Society For Human Sexuality”Flirting was described as being “casual conversation with a romantic spark,” and the consensus seemed to be that it is a learnable skill.”
- Social Issues Research Center – SIRC Guide to Flirting“Flirting is much more than just a bit of fun: it is a universal and essential aspect of human interaction. Anthropological research shows that flirting is to be found, in some form, in all cultures and societies around the world.”
- Social Issues Research Center – SIRC Flirting Report (PDF)
- Social Issues Research Center – SIRC Advanced Guide to Flirting
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Flirting
- The Yoni Massage by Jeffery Tye”Yoni (pronounced YO-NEE) is a Sanskrit word for the vagina that is loosely translated as “Sacred Space” or “Sacred Temple.” Its meaning and use is an alternate perspective from the Western view of the female genitals (i.e., Pussy, Cunt, Twat, etc., words which may or may not be complimentary depending on the intent of their usage). In Tantra, the Yoni is seen from a perspective of love and respect. This is especially helpful for men to learn.”
- The Lingam Massage by Jeffrey Tye”The Sanskrit word for the male sexual organ is Lingam (pronounced LING-AHM, [LING rhymes with sing]) and is loosely translated as “Wand of Light.” Its meaning is different in intention from the typical Western view of the penis (i.e., Cock, Prick, Dong, Dick, etc., words that may come from a limited perspective, depending on the intent of their usage). In Tantra/Sacred Sexuality, the Lingam is respectfully viewed and honoured, a “Wand of Light” that channels creative energy and pleasure.”
- Giving and Receiving Erotic Massage Society For Human Sexuality”This guide teaches how to give and receive erotic massage. It discusses how to help your partner relax, and discusses how to help your partner experience extended or multiple orgasms as part of your massage.”
- Massage Therapy Education Current news about massage. The news source for massage therapy and the spa community.
- MassageResource.com – Massage and Bodywork Resource Center
Orgasms / G-Spot
- Guide To Safe Sex (Long Version) Society For Human Sexuality”The goal of this guide is to give people of all genders, orientations, and preferences the information they need to perform a wide variety of sexual acts safely, pleasurably, and comfortably. It should be noted that this guide uses more sophisticated vocabulary and covers more material than most safer sex brochures…”
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality (CPS) – Safe Sex PracticesSafe sex means making sure you don’t get anyone else’s blood, semen, vaginal fluids, or breast milk in your body — and protecting your partners too! Condoms, latex surgical gloves, and plastic wrap are the only ways to protect yourself and your partner from STDs and HIV, but they’re not foolproof. You’ve got to use them correctly every time you have sex.”
- Williams College – Enjoying Safer Sex“Practicing safer sex doesn’t mean eliminating sex from your life.What safer sex does mean is being smart and staying healthy. It means showing love, concern,and respect for partners and for self. Safer sex means enjoying sex to the fullest without transmitting, or acquiring, sexually related infections.”
- PlannedParenthood.org – Sex: Safer and Satisfying“Enjoying our sexuality is a normal, natural part of life…Most of us have taken risks when we have had sex — risks that include getting sexually transmitted infections. We take so many risks, that at least one out of four of us gets an infection some time in our lives.”
- Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) – Safe Sex
- A Guide To Sex Toys Society For Human Sexuality”Sex toys can be a wonderful enhancement to lovemaking and a source of truly spectacular sexual pleasure. Unfortunately, the sex toys many of us have seen may not have been the best quality, and may not have been advertised or packaged tastefully. In this guide we give our recommendations for the best toys of each type, and for each of them link to a page where you can learn more about or purchase that item. In every case, these links are to “clean, well-lit” places that will treat you with respect and will be willing and able to answer any questions you might have about that particular toy.”
- 4 Freedoms Guide to Sex Toys“There are an amazing variety of sex toys and sexual aids available on the Internet and in sex shops for men and women. Most products mentioned in this introductory guide are available online at our Sex Toy Store. Also, you can now order sex toys from your own country in your own currency by clicking on your country’s name.”
- “Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence,” By James W. Prescott, From “The Bulletin of The Atomic Scientists”, November 1975, pp. 10-20.In a classic article published in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Neuropsychologist Dr. James Prescontt suggests that there is a direct reciprocal link between violence and pleasure.“As a developmental neuropsychologist I have devoted a great deal of study to the peculiar relationship between violence and pleasure. I am now convinced that the deprivation of physical sensory pleasure is the principal root cause of violence. Laboratory experiments with animals show that pleasure and violence have a reciprocal relationship, that is, the presence of one inhibits the other. A raging, violent animal will abruptly calm down when electrodes stimulate the pleasure centers of its brain. Likewise, stimulating the violence centers in the brain can terminate the animal’s sensual pleasure and peaceful behavior. When the brain’s pleasure circuits are ‘on,’ the violence circuits are ‘off,’ and vice versa. Among human beings, a pleasure-prone personality rarely displays violence or aggressive behaviors, and a violent personality has little ability to tolerate, experience, or enjoy sensuously pleasing activities. As either violence or pleasure goes up, the other goes down.”
Tantra/Sacred Sexuality/Spiritual Sexuality
- The Biological Basis of SACRED SEX by catherine yronwodeVery highly recommended.”In the typical orgasm (both male and female) there are 8 to 25 muscular contractions. Women may have more than men; how many you have will vary at times. Get to know how many contractions you usually experience.Now, rather than “suppressing” an orgasm, try to let one or two contractions happen and then relax. If you can learn to let one or two waves of orgasmic contractions occur and then relax by breathing slowly, and being attentive, and letting your abdominal muscles go limp (NOT by trying to think of something else to “distract” yourself), then you can learn to repeat this over and over again. Imagine yourself at the edge of a wave of pleasure, a wave which does not break over and run onto the shore.”
- Society For Human Sexuality LibraryThis is a huge library of articles on all aspects of sexuality.
- Understanding Male Sexuality by David SebringsilExcellent, no-nonsense sex positive information.”The hormone testosterone, ordinarily produced by the sex organs in both males and females, has a great deal to do with whether or not a man will become aroused. Ordinarily, after ejaculation, a man normally has no further interest in sexual activity of any kind. Physically, for a period of ten minutes to perhaps more than an hour for some men, the man is physically unable to achieve another erection. This is sometimes referred to as the refractory period. After orgasm, testosterone levels in the blood drop.”
- Alchemy, It’s Not Just for the Middle Ages Anymore by Mark Stavish, M.A.“Alchemy , or “Al-Kemi , is said to be derived from Arabic or Egyptian meaning either “divine chemistry” or possibly “black earth” referring to the silt deposits from the annual flooding of the Nile river. However, regardless of where the word ‘alchemy’ began, it has come to mean a very special form of spiritual development.”
- The Divine Life Society The books published by The Divine Life Society are being made available on the web in both Portable Document Format (PDF) and HTML. Over 50 FREE .pdf books on yoga, religion, philosophy, Eastern mysticism, and spirituality.